Thursday, July 28, 2005

The Monkeys taught me something new again

Even though I think I deleted all my monkey posts - so anyone new to this blog won't understand what I'm talking about - the monkeys taught me something new again today - I was at a monkey website "Jungle Friends" - a sanctuary down in the States and there was a neat Albert Schweitzer quote there:

"Ethics are complete, profound, and alive only when addressed to all living beings. Only then are we in spiritual connection with the world. Any philosophy not respecting this, not based on the indefinite totality of life, is bound to disappear."

Albert Schweitzer


It's so true, and so what I've been saying all along - that ALL animals are just like you and me. Even Mrs Dingle and Jada and Mr Betta. All sentient, living beings who deserve equal billing.

No comments:

Post a Comment