Thursday, December 15, 2005

Blue Tick Coonhounds

This post exists because I want to leave a comment on the very neat "My dog Votes" blog about my uncle Frank who has blue tick coonhounds to show what an incredibly small world it truly is - the lady who writes the Dog Politics blog didn't know what a coonhound was until she went to speak at the American Dog Breeders Association - and - and my uncle breeds blue tick coonhounds in Ontario Canada and his 3 dogs are probably the best examples of the breed in the entire world (in my opinion) haha! I even have a couple of his trophies in the classy section of my living room wall!

Dogginess comes naturally to me....

This is Hooch - the male of his crew:

















and this is Uncle Frank:

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:31 PM

    Not a blue tick, but the black and tan coonhound...

    My favourite story is that of a friend of mine, who breeds/shows black and tan coonhounds.

    Long ago (showing my age), when they were filming the horror flick "Black Christmas" in Toronto, they needed some bloodhounds for a scene where they were supposed to be searching for a missing child in a park.

    As the story goes, they couldn't locate any Bloodhounds that were available in the immediate area, but they somehow got in contact with my friend. They asked if she would be willing to let some of her dogs stand in as sort of substitute Bloodhounds for the scene.

    To this day, I have soft spot for that movie, because of the scene where my friend's Coonhounds are baying and generally doing their best Bloodhound impersonations.

    What actors! :-)

    ReplyDelete