Thursday, December 15, 2005

Hoarding May Be in the Family

So I'm trying to get rid of a lot of junk because I'm going to be getting a roommate and maybe it's because I'm in the process of this I've noticed that Daisy hoards food. I think I've noticed it before - but I've never seen her do this before. Sometimes for fun I'll throw a whole bunch of food on the floor so the dogs can graze for awhile - like a whole bunch of popcorn, or chips - and this time it was Goldfish crackers. They're pretty good at cleaning it up 100% and actually look pretty much like cows with their curled lips just going along hoovering it up. But what Daisy did was pick up mouthfuls at a time and take them into the 2nd bedroom and deposit them in different corners so she could eat them a later time. Isn't that odd?

I know that if I want her to be quiet for awhile I'll give her a piece of bread without butter on it because I know she WON'T eat that - she'll just take that somewhere and stare at it and guard it all night - if she was outside she'd bury it, but since she's inside she can't bury it so she just stares at it and guards it. It's an easy way to keep her occupied. But piles of Goldfish crackers? That's weird. What's even weirder is that once she saw that I saw them she quickly ate them up. I should interject here that Daisy is one of the hungriest dogs you'll ever meet - she was skin and bones when I got her - she'd been pretty much left to starve to death - so she can never get enough to eat.

Anyway - here's some pictures to prove what I'm telling you is not a lie:




1 comment: