Saturday, February 11, 2006

Daisy and me went for an adventure today! And Leash thoughts

I've been taking out the dogs individually lately so that they can have some one on one time with me and have some different types of socialization than they could get when they're all together - so that they can have a more rounded kind of life. I think it's better for them overall - but you should hear the crying when I'm able to successfully leave with one and leave the other 3 behind. There's always 3 unhappy dogs.

Today it was Daisy's turn and we had a great time. First we went to Frenchy's out in Spryfield here - it was her first time going shopping with me and she didn't do too bad, but she was a little bit exhuberant. Luckily the people there were pretty good about it, and I had a lot of liver with me, so it was okay. Then we went down to the North West Arm walk on the Purcell's Cove Road. I wanted to go somewhere that we could have a good on-leash walk where we might meet up with other dogs and joggers but wouldn't meet any off-leash dogs. We didn't meet any other dogs unfortunately, but we had a good time and I got a couple great shots of Daisy to update my North West Arm walk page on my website and it also got me thinking about classifying different walks on my website - that walk really IS an on-leash walk, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I've been thinking a lot about on leash versus off-leash because I've been working on what I call my "off-leash manifesto" - the city is looking to add more off leash areas in the city - and I want to add a whole big thing on my website about it - and one big thing we as dog owners have to be VERY careful what we wish for. We may gain 10 off leash dog areas and lose being able to take our dogs ON-LEASH anywhere else in the city. That to me would be totally unacceptable. We have to make sure that we only GAIN off-leash areas and not LOSE on-leash walks!! And so ends my leash thoughts for today....

Here's my Daisy adventure pictures -


Did you say we're going shopping? Posted by Picasa


A long view of the first section of the North West Arm walk Posted by Picasa


A contemplative (for the moment) Daisy Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment