Friday, April 21, 2006

An Awesome Link - Faith the Wonder Dog

I found a link to a video in the last couple days about this amazing dog named "Faith" who has been taught to walk on her back 2 legs because she was born with a birth defect and doesn't have her front 2 legs. I think it shows just how truly amazing a dog can be - and how the purity of a dog can bring out altruism in humans. Her website is at http://faiththedog.info/ - and the video of her is here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umB1XN1fh9g

On a completely non-dog note - it pays to get your eyes checked regularly - if only because not all eye doctors are competent. I haven't had my eyes checked in 3 years and it turns out I've been wearing a completely wrong prescription all that time. I'm a "coke bottle glasses" person, and my prescription is really strong anyway - but the difference in the mistake the last person made was really bad - so for the last 12 hours or so - I feel just like I did when I was 10 years old and got glasses for the first time and could see clearly for the first time in my life. It's pretty amazing. I thought it was because I was getting old and there wasn't too much I could do about it. I didn't even realize how bad I'd been straining until I wasn't straining anymore. It's awesome!

2 comments:

  1. Joan, thanks for the link to my blog! I'm glad your blog is flying!

    I can relate to the coke bottle glasses. Munch a plate full of delicious spaghetti (a rare treat for me nowadays) with glasses getting all steamed up. lol! I wear contact lenses all the time now, since the glasses can give me a whopper of a headache after a few hours. ugh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:25 PM

    humming "I Can See Clearly Now"....hee he

    ReplyDelete