Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I've got quite a few fish now!

A co-worker gave me some of her guppy babies today - 7 of them! So now I have 9 guppy's, 6 white cloud minnows, 5 platys, and 3 platy babies. I'm a fish machine. I redid my tank on the weekend so it's more fish friendly - I moved the java moss around so it's spread out because I guess fish like to leave their babies in the java moss because it gives them a place to hide. I also put in a couple more rocks and put spaces in for the fish to hide in and swim through - and I also put in a big piece of driftwood. Everyone's been swimming around and munching away ever since.

I'd say I've got a pretty happy fish tank currently - I also put a sponge over the intake tube of my filter once I had babies - I was worried that they would get sucked up in the filter which one of them DID - I was missing one and I took the filter apart and sure enough - he was swimming around on the bottom of the filter and he was still alive - I was so happy! I was expecting him to be dead after his journey - but he wasn't. It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment