Sunday, August 13, 2006

I Like to Pretend on Saturday mornings

On Saturday mornings I like to pretend that I'm the owner of a small dog family. When it's nice out me and the small dogs go down and walk along the shore at Point Pleasant Park - before 10am dogs are allowed along the Shore Road at the park, and a lot of people partake of that privilege, especially on nice days on the weekend. So I put Teddy and Buttercup in the car and we go down and Buttercup barks and chases after all the dogs and everyone thinks it's cuter than hell. Which it is.

And I get to amble along with my cup of coffee and be very relaxed and just enjoy the dogs as they run around on their short little legs with their tongues hanging out having a great time and I don't have to worry about anything. I don't have to worry about anyone being afraid of them, I don't have to worry about them attacking anyone, I don't have to worry about them running away - because I can run faster than both of them, I don't have to worrry about other dogs being afraid of them, I don't have to worry about other humans picking up sticks and hitting them just because of the way they look, I don't have to worry about people hollering at me from a long distance away to leash "those dogs" up because they shouldn't be off-leash anywhere.

I can just enjoy the dogs and the morning and my coffee - and life is good, and it's sunny, and I can think about what I'm going to do today, and if a dog comes toward us all it's going to do is want to play - not attack, right?

(and btw - all the above has happened when I've had my gorgeous - and very NOT dangerous Charlie and Daisy out with me)

No comments:

Post a Comment