Saturday, March 24, 2007

An example of stupid non-dog owners encountering stupid dog owners

What a way to start a Saturday - by reading something as assinine as this in today's Chronicle Herald - "Walk in park turns unpleasant" - a couple encounter some stupid people letting their dog run offleash in an area of Point Pleasant Park that's not allowed to have dogs at all after 10am and the stupid dog actually knocks the old woman down. And now this woman's got a meeting with Mayor Peter Kelly to talk about it.

It doesn't matter that the article also states that THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND OTHER DOGS also visit Point Pleasant every year and don't knock down old women - but this ONE WOMAN gets knocked down and she's got to meet the Mayor about it - and what is the City going to do about it. Makes me sick to my stomach.

And then the woman's husband has actually got the gall to actually say "If that had been a pit bull she would have been torn to pieces . . . sooner or later it’s going to happen to someone," he said. "It comes a time now that we’ve got to toughen up."

I almost lost my breakfast when I read that sentence. Can you imagine? I am absolutely without words on that one.

I'm not even going to write a letter to the Editor because it would be just too venemous and might cause the old lady to have a heart attack and die right on the spot to realize how absolutely numb-skulled she is.

Now how am I going to get through the rest of the day with this peach pit in my tummy?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:35 PM

    this country is extremely liberal when it comes to pets and their owners. People come before animals, when it comes to things like this. When something like this happens, you can basically predict an outcome like this, so I guess dog owners really need to know the rules, or else there are gonna be more prohibited signs around...

    ReplyDelete