Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A muddy and flower filled walk

For some reason tonight I noticed that flowers have started to bloom in the woods behind my house - and Buttercup got very muddy - which is much better than rolling in poop...
I think these are mayflowers - the official flower ofNova Scotia
This is Buttercup very happy with her dirty face
This is Daisy very happy to be out
These are blueberry bushes are blooming currently - I can't wait for the blueberries to come out!
And this is some kind of flower I noticed that is really neat - some kind of bell flower that almost looks like an orchid - in the wilds of Spryfield no less

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:51 AM

    Those look like Pitcher Plants Joan - I could be wrong but that is what they look like to me.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:27 PM

    The top one is a bunch berry plant, very common.

    The bottom picture is of Pink Lady's Slippers. They are an orchid and quite rare and very delicate.

    Just a FYI for anyone reading to not pick them. It is actually illegal to pick them and if caught there is a fine. Also, if they are picked before they are allowed to complete the full blossoming cycle they will not regenerate.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete