Friday, May 22, 2009

Some cute stuff and some gooey stuff

Shall I start with the cute stuff? Bobby is turning out to be a dog who can play by himself and love it.
He loves to grab a toy and then run at top speed around in circles - through the back yard, around the back yard, and then he'll drop the toy and keep running - and up into the house and he'll tear through the house and out the back steps and through the back yard and on through again.
It has got to be just about the cutest thing you've ever seen - until you see Buttercup - and then you'll agree that Buttercup is the cutest thing you've ever seen.
But this little guy is coming in a pretty close second, I've got to say.
I was out mowing the lawn when he was doing this and he wasn't taking any notice of the lawn mower - he wasn't letting that dampen his mood at all. He was determined that he was going to have a good time.
He should be pretty tired out tonight, because he did a lot of running around, that's for sure.
2 year old dogs are a lot different than 13 year old dogs - it's been about 8 years since I last had a 2 year old dog - and back then there were 2 of me, so it was easier then.


So now on to the gooey stuff - last night there seemed to be something "off" about Buttercup's left eye, but I couldn't quite figure out what it was. Today when I got home from work her left eye was just covered in yellow puss - it was totally gross - something was very wrong, so we went right over to the vet - I was worried that she has torn her cornea like Jack did last summer - and I didn't want that to happen to Buttercup - but Dr. Lindsay at Carnegy's did a stain test on her eye and there's no tear - so hopefully her eye is okay. I never like to screw with dog's eyes when something goes wrong. She's got antibiotic ointment and hopefully it'll just get better - whatever it is that went wrong.

While we were at Carnegy's we met with big black great dane named Ruper - he was a very nice dog, only about a year old - and very large! Although I have yet to meet a small great dane - they always come in size large!

No comments:

Post a Comment