Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A couple articles about trail use

I thought I'd post these 2 letters to the Editor in the Chronicle Herald that have been in the paper in the last couple of weeks. I've been trying to write a letter in response to this latest letter - that was in the paper last weekend - because it's so ridiculous. This guy is obviously an ATV rider himself. He only comes upon an ATV rider an average of "2 every hour" - and there's dog poop everywhere. What about other kinds of litter, or rivets in the road from the tires of the ATV's? everything that goes into the woods has an impact. I am of course not apologizing for the people that don't pick up - but once again, just because you can assign a demographic to the litter doesn't mean you can ban them from that area. It is not logical. So I've been trying to write a letter, but since I've been sick, I haven't gotten around to it - but if anyone else feels so moved - they should go ahead - it's letters@herald.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment