Sunday, February 14, 2010

An updated Logo for a very special anniversary

Tonight I made a new logo for the "Dogkisser" empire - to honour the fact that yesterday was the 2 year anniversary of Jack coming to live with me and my family. It was 2 years yesterday that he came to my house during the whole Celtic Pets fiasco.

I am not going to go into a whole diatribe about the whole history of what went on and the aftermath, I personally am really fatigued of the story and want to get on with my life - but I am super happy that it brought Jack into my life. He has been a great addition to my family. He has taught me a lot about patience, and accepting beings for what they are, as they are, where they are, and letting them be, until they are ready to come out to greet the world.

It's only been the last 5 months that Jack has really started to blossom - and I have to say it's been amazing to watch. To finally truly be able to cuddle with him, and have him snuggle up to me, and have him sleep all night in the bed with me - has no words to attach to it. It was so long in coming, I never thought it would happen. But I am so glad it has. He is another example that what other people throw away is truly a gift every day. Every life is precious.

And I wanted my logo throughout all my sites to have his photo shining on it - so now it is! Yea! Jack is such a good boy. And he hasn't even tried to bite me in months - now my groomer would tell a different story - but no one likes having their nails cut by someone with humungous nail clippers, do they? That's why I leave things like that to professionals! haha!

If you care to read more about Jack's story - he has his own category that you can explore at http://dogkisser.blogspot.com/search/label/Jack

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:56 PM

    I am so glad that you and Jack found each other ... He's a lucky little dog. Sybil

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww!!! happy "got" day Jack! i love little Jackie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are very lucky to have each other...he has sure come along way!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:22 AM

    HI Joan

    Funny how sometimes it takes a a bad thing to produce good. My best friend of 11 years was dying of canine kidney failure when this whole fiasco was also going on. I never felt so defeated at anything those months between October and February when so many authorities failed to do anything. Hobbes Died a couple of weeks before the raid and it was the worse period of my life then a few months of watching the news and politics there was one dog I kept seeing over and over on the news, Zeus. He came home with us in July 2008 and is still going strong. He is one spoiled rotten old guy but I can share in the feeling of what it is like to take one of these dogs home. Hally Anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  5. to the person who owns(loves and cares for)Zeus....thank you!

    ReplyDelete