Monday, October 11, 2004

Thanksgiving Supper


Thanksgiving at the Sinden household - Buttercup took the picture! Posted by Hello

Can you believe this is the first time I've ever made mashed potatoes in my life? I have somehow made it to the age of 38 years and never cooked mashed potatoes myself. I have served potatoes that have been mixed with fresh garlic and butter, then gone through a food mill, piped onto a cookie sheet and put in the oven so that they turn a light golden brown colour; I've served spatzel instead of potatoes with osso-buco - but I've never actually performed the act of mashing potatoes myself. That's what happened when you're married to a chef for 14 years. Every once in a while he'd say "Do you want me to show you how to do this?" and I'd say "Why?" Now I know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment