Thursday, November 11, 2004

Did you hear the one about...

Today was just a super hard day. Unbelievable. And it's got nothing to do with Molson. He's been perfect. He's an awesome dog. I'm looking forward to spending the rest of his life with me - he's got Charlie's disposition with the love lust of a former chained dog. And he loves to be brushed - which will be so important with their awful sheltie/lab coat. Maybe it'll even get Leonard and Daisy jealous enough that they'll let me start brushing them too. I should be so lucky.

Suffice it to say that if you were thinking about sending me a joke or joking about how I'm going to have an even dozen dogs in a year or something in that vein - don't bother. I'm a little fatigued of that topic of conversation at this point. We all have our choices in life to make and we can stand up and walk away or we can look something in the eye and say that we are not going to abandon it. I am also not a hypocrite - I made a pledge to a big black dog a few years ago who was chained to the side of his house for too long and he died because the people who finally rescued him didn't understand his special needs - they had good intentions, but they expected that they could just bring him in from the mud and he'd be perfect. He wasn't so he died. Daisy's still here because I was willing to take a chance - and Molson is going to get that same chance too. But I don't imagine I'll have a dozen any time soon.

Please direct your wittisicms to some catholic family that has too many human children instead. They're sucking up way more public funds than I am. I'm not taking anything from you at all.

Today was the 1 year anniversary of Eddy finding her Mom Shannon - below are a couple pictures from the festivities!


The original triumvirate - Eddy, Leonard, and Charlie Posted by Hello



My 2 guys - Molson, Charlie - and a very handsome Daisy Posted by Hello

No comments:

Post a Comment