Saturday, January 14, 2006

Another New Family Member Today

Apologies to the parents once again - but at least it's not another dog...

I drove out to somewhere behind the airport to pick up a red betta fish that was looking for a new home today and brought him home. I guess he wasn't moving too much in his old house - which was one of those little betta things - he's now in a 5 gallon tank and sitting on my computer desk with some aeration and heat and 3 white cloud minnows to keep him moving - and a belly full of defrosted frozen blood worms. It was funny when I fed them to him - he immediately greedily started eating them like he hadn't eaten in weeks - and then he started turning from red to blue, and he collapsed on one of the fake plants in the tank like as if he had the WORST belly ache! 1/2 an hour later though he's now very busily swimming around the tank though, which is super to see.

What was super was that the lady who gave me the betta fish also gave me the 5 gallon tank - she had it in her basement and had never had the time to clean it out and put the betta fish in it - which is what I did this afternoon. It's one of those really etched old ones that needed about an hour's work before it was usable - but now it's in tickety-boo condition. And I hate gravel - so all that's gone - I consider gravel to just be a shit collector - I like a clean glass bottom, with rocks that I get from the beach.

Anyway - here's a couple pictures of the new "Mr Betta" and his tank - the white cloud minnows are too small to get a picture of ...



After he ate - the whole middle part of Mr. Betta's stomach turned the blue colour that's on his tail!




Category: [Rescue]

No comments:

Post a Comment