Sunday, August 27, 2006

The GPAC Dog Carnival was today!

TODAY was the GPAC (Greyhound Pets of Atlantic Canada) Dog Carnival - which was called the biggest dog event of the summer - and it was a pretty big event! There were lots of dogs and lots of people - and DeWolfe park is a great place to go for walking dogs too - as an on-leash walk. It's all along the waterfront in Bedford, and it even has pooper bag dispensers and everything. Very suburban shi-shi.

As with all things greyhound organized, there were lots of volunteers and the event was very well organized. I was a judge for the dog pageant (a fashion show type thing) and the canine idol (a Canadian Idol type thing). Some of the pictures below were of those events. The dog pageant was very cute - the one I wanted to win the pageant was the cutest little yorkie all dressed up in a white wedding dress in a stroller - she was picture perfect, and stayed in the stroller. She even had hair extensions on the back of her head. For some reason I was so enraptured while she was waiting to go on that I didn't take one good picture of her, all I could do was just sit and stare at her. So all I got was a crappy picture in motion. Oh well.

I took Teddy with me today and he only bit one person, and it wasn't even me. Thank-dog for the forgiving nature of his cute face. We are both completely exhausted and ready for bed now. Unfortunately the other 3 dogs are ready to go for a nice long walk!











event

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:44 PM

    THANKS FOR THE GREAT DAY, WHO EVER LEFT THE MESSAGE ABOUT ZOE AND THEY DIDN'T GET A GOOD PICTURE
    THIS WAS ONE OF THE JUDGE'S WHO
    LEFT A MESSAGE ON BLOGGER PLEASE
    E MAIL ME AT vparis@eastlink.ca
    before the 7th of sept. as my e mail eill be changing maybe to
    vparis@ns.sympatico.ca or it may be
    vparis1@ns.sympatico.ca try these two after sept. 7th , and i will
    e mail you some real nice pictures

    ReplyDelete