Sunday, September 13, 2009

My fabulous new sewing machine

So I have bought a new sewing machine - and this is the first thing I've made - I also hemmed a pair of pants, but maybe that doesn't count. I was very selfish and didn't make a dog thing - I made a bracelet. One of the things I want to do is to make bracelets - or you could maybe more accurately call them - "cuffs" - out of old belts that I think are really neat, but my old sewing machine wouldn't go through them, but my new sewing machine will go through them no problem!
This is my new machine! It's an antique singer sewing machine called a "Singer 15-91 or a 15J in Canada", and it's really beautiful - bought on Kijiji from a lady in Kentville. In beautiful condition - it was made from the 1930's to the 1950's - so it's at least 60 years old and works beautifully.
These are a couple photos I took on September 11th of the big dogs being cute. This is actually Charlie yawning. Doesn't he look fierce half way through a yawn! haha!

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I have one of those! Actually its at my Mom's house! That is the sewing machine I learned to sew on! They are fantastic, awesome and super! They do all you need and are really strong machines so you can sew through leather etc.!

    It was my Grandma's who gave it to my Mom who never sewed..who passed it on to my sisters and I. I love to sew and and used it for years and years until I wanted something to do button holes and zigzag stitches etc. I still bought a Singer! Its not as tough as the old one but I like the features! My daughter then learned to sew on the old Singer!! WOW!
    redbu

    Awesome find on Kijiji Joan - Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete